Each year, millions of people are hurt by consumer products. Some of these injuries occur because the product was defective. There are three types of defects: design (the product was designed defectively) manufacturing (the product was manufactured defectively) or warning (the product contained defective warnings). Put simply, some companies are not as careful as they should be when bringing products (like motor vehicles, medical devices, home appliances, kids toys, drugs, and beauty products) to the market. Here is a list of some known defective products to consider:
- Airbags: They can fail to deploy when there’s a crash, or they may deploy or activate by mistake when there isn’t one. For example, tens of millions of vehicles with Takata Airbags were recalled due to the possibility that they could explode when deployed, launching metal shards at the vehicle occupants, leading to serious injury or death.
- E-Cigarettes: There have been serious injuries caused by e-cigarettes. Most commonly injuries have been caused when an e-cigarette exploded while vaping.
- Transvaginal Mesh: These devices have been known to cause perforation, bleeding, pain, and urinary issues.
- Roundup Weed Killer: Roundup has been alleged to contain a cancer-causing ingredient, glyphosate. Many lawsuits have been filed alleging that Roundup has caused non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Hip Implants: Following a hip replacement surgery, certain artificial hips have been found to deteriorate, causing serious muscle and tissue damage in patients. One notable replacement is manufactured by DePuy, which has been recalled.
- Baby Talcum Powder: Johnson & Johnson baby talcum powder has been linked to cancer. Thousands of lawsuits have been filed against Johnson & Johnson.
- Hernia Mesh: Following hernia mesh surgery, patients have reported serious side effects including infections, erosion or failure of the mesh, ulcers, pain, and organ perforation.
If you or someone you love has been injured by a faulty, defective, or dangerous product, you should contact an experienced product liability lawyer right away. We will investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident, and help you seek the compensation you deserve.