Hurt in a Car Crash in Hartford? Contact Our Connecticut Auto Accident Lawyers Today
At Etemi Law, our Connecticut car accident attorneys fight aggressively to help injured victims secure the maximum financial compensation after a crash. You do not have to take on an insurance company alone—we have what it takes to hold them accountable. If you or your loved one was hurt in a crash and you are looking for a car accident attorney near me, we are more than ready to help. Contact us today to set up a free consultation with a top-rated Hartford auto accident attorney.
Car Crashes are a Leading Cause of Accidental Injuries
Car crashes are a major concern in our region. According to data from the Connecticut Crash Data Repository, there are approximately 100,000 crashes reported in the state each year. It is a grave problem—with hundreds of people being killed and tens of thousands being hurt in motor vehicle accidents in Connecticut annually. These wrecks are largely avoidable. Victims of car crashes often suffer from a wide range of injuries, which can range from minor to life-threatening. Some common types of injuries sustained in car accidents include:
- Lacerations and contusions;
- Soft tissue damage, including whiplash;
- Fractured and broken bones;
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Internal bleeding and internal organ damage;
- Spinal cord injuries; and
Your Guide to Auto Accident Liability in Connecticut
Understanding auto accident liability in Connecticut is crucial for any person involved in a serious accident. Our state uses an at-fault standard of liability and it follows a modified comparative negligence system. These could have major ramifications for your personal injury case. Here is what you need to know:
- At-Fault Liability in Connecticut: Any party found to be responsible for a crash can be held liable for the damages. At-fault liability refers to the responsibility of a driver, trucking company, or any other party for causing an accident due to their negligence. Negligence is the failure to take due care. It comes in many forms—from a speeding driver blowing through a red light to a truck company failing to properly inspect its vehicles.
- Comparative Negligence is Proportional Fault: Comparative negligence is a legal principle used in Connecticut to determine each party’s degree of fault in an accident (C.G.S.A. § 52-572(h)). Under this system, the court or insurance company will assign a percentage of fault to each driver involved in the accident. A driver found partially at fault for their accident will bear partial liability for their damages. For example, if you were 30 percent to blame for a crash in Hartford, you are liable for 30 percent of your losses.
We Help Car Accident Victims Fight for Full and Fair Compensation
Putting the pieces back together after a serious car crash can be challenging. You do not have to figure everything out on your own. Injured victims in Connecticut can seek compensation for economic and intangible damages—but the big insurance companies can put hurdles in the way. Our car accident lawyers near Hartford go the extra mile to help our clients secure the absolute maximum recovery. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Vehicle repairs;
- Hospital bills;
- Other medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability/disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
Looking for a Car Accident Attorney Near Hartford, CT? You Need Etemi Law
Dealing with the aftermath of a car crash is never easy. You probably have a lot of questions about what comes next. Our founding attorneys Lou Etemi and Ron Etemi are standing by, ready to walk you through every step of the claims process. We are proactive. When you reach out to our law firm, you will have an opportunity to consult with a Connecticut auto accident lawyer who can:
- Hear your story and answer any questions you have about your legal case;
- Carefully investigate the crash, securing all evidence to establish liability;
- Connect you with the right doctors and gather/organize your medical records;
- Represent you in car accident settlement negotiations with insurers; and
- Develop a personalized legal strategy focused entirely on getting you the best results.
Call Our Connecticut Auto Accident Attorneys for a Free Consultation
At Etemi Law, our Connecticut car accident lawyers are experienced, effective advocates for victims and their families. If you or someone you know was seriously hurt in a crash, we can help. Contact us now to set up your free, fully private initial consultation. With law offices in Waterbury and Watertown, we handle motor vehicle accident injury claims throughout the Greater Hartford area.
The customer service was phenomenal and was able to answer all my questions and concerns!
Etemi Law has professional experience and serious work ethic I would highly recommend in selecting a lawyer.
Communication, always answering phone calls, always there for any questions no matter what, Etemi Law exceeded my expectations!!
Ron and Lou are terrific attorneys and care a great deal about their clients. I strongly recommend them for car accidents and other personal injury matters.
Hiring Attorney Etemi was life changing. He put my best interests at the forefront, working tirelessly to ensure that I was treated fairly and always informed. Ron was everything you want an attorney to be, and nothing that you don’t. He was thorough, insightful, methodical, informed, collaborative, and deeply passionate about my case. I do — and have — recommend(ed) Ron Etemi and Etemi Law without reservation.
Etemi Law is exceptional. Attorney Ron and Lou Etemi represented me in a very difficult accident case. We won! Etemi Law delivered.
I strongly recommend Etemi Law. Ron and Lou are the best in Connecticut. Thank you, Ron and Lou, for everything that you did for my case.
Ron handled my personal injury case from beginning to conclusion. From my personal experience, Ron is by far one of the best injury lawyers in Connecticut.
I highly recommend Etemi Law! They know the law inside and out and won’t just settle until their clients are provided with what they deserve.
Thank you to Lou and his team for all their help in a time of need. I highly recommend his services.
Ron and Lou’s negotiation and litigation skills are unmatched, and they are highly respected amongst their peers and the community at large.
Etemi Law was phenomenal since the first day we called them for help and delivered great results.
Ron and Lou are absolutely amazing at what they do.
Best in the business. They treat you like family and get results!
Two of the most aggressive attorneys I have ever met.
I highly recommend Etemi Law!
They communicated with me through the entire process . . . They are amazing at what they do!
A law firm that will give you results and treat you like family.
The Etemi brothers are the real deal.
You will not find representation better than Ron and Lou.
There is no law firm better then Etemi Law.
A fantastic duo.
Ron is the best.
Lou is simply the best!
Great attorneys, down to earth.
These guys are the best in CT.
Ron Etemi is a guiding light for our family.
The communication was beyond excellent.
Attorney Lou Etemi is a fighter! He fights for everything his clients deserve.